• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Brain damage

jsnake

Greenlighter
Hi, I've been smoking the ganja close to daily for 2 years, maybe 2 and a half but am down to about once every half week-2 weeks inconsistently, done about 15-20 pills in my life, hit the booze this weekend hard given that it's Easter, smoked some pretty potent mull last night, and am presently trying to get wasted now.
Thing is, as of late I've kinda been a bit socially restricted, in that I find it harder to express my thoughts or what I'm thinking at the time. My word association is pretty bad in a verbal sense, today and last night I've been having trouble focusing on , had a few memory problems, like when I'm not focused on what someone is saying I generally don't have a clue what they said, been feeling a bit detached from life, a little slower and not quite here not quite there if you get what I mean. Thing is, I've been suffering a little from depression cos I've kind of always had problems expressing myself in a group situation, which is primarily why I don't have a lot of friends but anyway, never had a missus which probably explains partially at least why I don't have a lot of social confidence, and I really didn't make a lot out of the time I spent at school. In short my life isn't what I expected it to be. Lately I haven't been making a lot of jokes neither, like my sense of humour deteriorated.
Question is, how many of these things could be attributed to drug use and how many to depression? Am I headfucked from depressant dependence and abuse, am I just in a subconsciously bad mood all the time, or am I just being paranoid? I've always been fairly smart, just unfocused and easily distracted, and my brain is all I really have, apart from my parents. Have always been a bit socially awkward, kinda pay too much attention to what people think of me. Too much detail perhaps, but yeah, any help?

Judging by the spelling of the title and the inabilty to implement paragraphs in your writing i'm going to assume you have brain damage.

Judging by your inability to recognize sarcasm, inability to spell inability and your failure to provide any information that I actually give a flying fuck about I'm going to assume you need your vision checked. Anyone whose opinion actually matters?

Dude your just getting early symptoms of drugfuckedfiendia

Stop smoking weed for a while and youll be all good or else continue and get more fucked.

Judging by your inability to recognize sarcasm, inability to spell inability and your failure to provide any information that I actually give a flying fuck about I'm going to assume you need your vision checked. Anyone whose opinion actually matters?

What sarcasm would i be not recognising there einstein? %) Care to enlighten me?

Im sorry after reading the title I laughed, then that em song came to mind
"Ever since the day I was born drugs is what they used to say I was on"

^^^^^ ^.^
The sarcasm in the title? I'm not Einstein - my brain's damaged, remember - but I can put 1 and 1 together and make 2, since I spelt the majority of the rest of my text right you'd think I'd be making a play on words or some shit wouldn't you...
Yeah I should drop the billy, I find it pretty hard to say no when it's in front of me though :( I guess other cunts can't really judge from a forum topic whether weed is starting to send me round the twist. More of a social thing, even though I'm not that social when I'm stoned.

Maybe you should try some meditation/yoga stuff. It helps you to focus more on this moment.

if your brain truly is damage, its not from smoking weed, taking a few pills, or having a few drinks, either your just becoming the classic dope head and are paranoid about it, or you had a pre-disposed condition

sometimes when i take a good dose of methadone, enough to get me the buzz that i want, the next day i will feel so out of it, especially if i smoke weed, i will be like so brain dead, like someone will ask me a question and it will literally take me 20 seconds to process, but i feel normal after wards, that actually hasnt been happening lately as i become more and more addicted though

^ yeah I don't think you have neccesarily damaged your brain from weed . It's just ur permafried .
I've been smoking around the same time as you. ... If I feel stupid I take a week break . After that I just feel so much sharper mentally and physically . I think weed just clouds up your mind and everyso often you should take a small break to clear the cloud.

I really think it's the pills man . I've only done MDMA 2times .
But believe it or not MDMA does cause temporary brain damage and with abuse it can be permanent .

So take a short break from weed.
A long break from MDMA

After that you should b fine